Friday, July 17, 2009

Jazz may miss Boozer

I don't like the idea of the Jazz losing Boozer. Although I like Millsap as much as the next guy I don't think he can carry the load. Apparantly the Jazz and Boozer are going different directions but I think both sides might regret it.

The Jazz offense is made for Boozer. It revolves around the power forward and plays to Boozer's strengths. I've always felt like Boozer got a bad rap here. What has he done that is really that bad? The knock on him in Utah is that he doesn't play hurt and doesn't play hard enough. If I can get a guy that gets me over 20 points and 10 rebounds a game without playing hard I'll take it. That just means when things matter such as in the playoffs I'm likely to get even more out of him. The best players seem to get their stats with ease (with the perception that they're not trying that hard).

No comments: